- Product Information
- Chemical formula C6H12N4
- Molar mass 140.186 g/mol
- Appearance White crystalline solid
Hexamine, Methenamine, Urotropine; 1,3,5,7- tetraazaadamantane, Formin, Aminoform
About the Product
Hexamine is a heterocyclic organic compound with the formula C6H12N4. This white crystalline compound is highly soluble in water and polar organic solvents. It has a cage-like structure similar to adamantane. It is useful in the synthesis of other chemical compounds, e.g., plastics, pharmaceuticals, rubber additives. It sublimes in vacuum at 280 °C.
Gas phase method of hexamine has short processing line with less side reactions. High purified products are received in this process. Recover excess ammonia gas and methanol can eliminate environmental pollution and decrease consumption. Heat energy is comprehensively utilized; production is continuously run with high automation.
- Chemical formula: C6H12N4
- Molar mass: 140.186 g/mol
- Appearance: White crystalline solid
- Density: 1.33 g/cm3 (at 20 °C)
- Melting point: 280 °C (536 °F; 553 K) (sublimes)
- Solubility in water: 85.3 g/100 mL
- Acidity (pKa): 4.89
- Medicinal uses as antibiotic to treat urinary tract infections
- In fire-protection laboratories
- As a chemical agent in organic chemistry
- In rubber and textile adhesives in paints and lacquers
- In the photographic industry, in the production of deodorants and hair fixers
- In the production of powdery or liquid preparations of phenolic (phenolic formaldehyde) resins and phenolic resin molding compound.