Formaldehyde (CH2O) - 37% / 43% / 50%-55%
- Project Information
- Chemical formula CH2O
- Molar Mass 30.031 g/mol
- Appearance Colourless liquid and has a pungent odour.
Methyl aldehyde; Methanone; Methanal; Carson-millon; Formalde-fresh solution; Formalde-fresh; Methylene glycol; Methylene oxide; Formalin; Formol; Morbicid Acid
About the Product
Formaldehyde, an organic compound, is a colourless liquid and has a pungent odour. It is the simplest aldehyde and an important precursor to many chemicals. It is readily soluble in water and is flammable. It is used extensively in the production of glues and resins used in cabinetry, shelving, stair systems, and in other items of home furnishing. It is also used in the textile and automobile industry.
- CAS Number: 50-00-0
- H.S. Code: 2912.1100
- Chemical formula: HCHO
- Molecular Formula: CH2O
- Melting point: -92 C
- Boling point: 19 C
- Specific gravity: 1.08
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- Vapour density: 1.03
- Used in the manufacturing of automobiles.
- Used as a disinfectant.
- Used as a preservative in cosmetics.
- Used to preserve human and animal remains.
- Used to manufacture glues and resins.
- Used to manufacture inks.
- Formaldehyde-based resins are used in the natural gas and petroleum industries.